I’m Shona Macpherson, I’m a life coach, a blogger and an outdoor lover.
I coach humans who want to move from feeling stuck in life, to finding freedom.
Your ‘stuckness’ might be:
- In your thinking – through self-limiting thoughts or following inherited life scripts.
- It might be about a lack of clarity about what direction to take if you are feeling a bit lost or stuck.
- In your eating behaviours.
I work with you help you to find freedom in these areas so that you can put your energy into living the life you want.
I do this by helping you to:
- Understand your own mind and thinking,
- Connect with your values and your body’s wisdom.
What qualifies me to do this?
I’ve had a varied career before becoming a life coach. I’ve worked as a nurse, a counsellor, an aid worker, a charity project manager, a support worker at a women’s refuge and as a personal trainer. These roles all involved helping others and they reflect my own searching for freedom and meaning.
I’ve a natural curiosity about people and I’m a good listener. I’ve worked on my own mind and body over the years – through counselling, study, trial and error and practicing doing hard things. Doing this work on myself has given me an energy and a freedom in life that I’m passionate to share with others.
My qualifications include a MA in Anthropology, a Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and most recently I’ve trained as a Life Coach with Martha Beck Life Coaching.
Random things about me!
- I’m passionate about the outdoors and the healing that nature provides.
- In April, this year I solo trekked 230 miles through Scotland’s wilderness in the Cape Wrath Way.
- I’m 60% active woodland creature; 40% cat curled up by the fire.
- I gave up drinking alcohol last year and it feels like freedom.
- I’m dreaming and planning trekking the Pacific Crest Trail in 2019.
- If I wasn’t a Life Coach I’d consider being a Post Woman! Lots of outdoor time and although it’s an early start I’d get time off in the afternoon to write.
- I’m dreaming of living in a Tiny House and am trying to make this dream happen. I love travelling and living light.
I share more about my adventures in life and in nature in my blog. Have a read here